Monday, May 25, 2009

X & Y Chromosomes...do they both matter?

When my daughter was born, everyone told me she looked EXACTLY like me. It was questionable if Todd was even part of the conception process. Now, we can definitely tell that Kendall belongs to both of us. She may look like me, but she has so many of his tendencies.

Kendall will never have to go through her life with that little hint of wonder. The slightest question lying in the back of her mind who her parents are or which one she is like. But, for her mother, that is the story.

My mother was honest me when I was a kid. My biological father did not want to be part of my life. That should be enough for me to NOT want to know anything further, but it's not. I have this small inkling to know more. I have always been told that I resemble my mother, but what does that mean about my father? Do I have the tendencies of him, just like Kendall of Todd? Do I share a resemblance to him in some way?

I always pictured learning about this man from a distance. Standing on the other side of the street watching....does he have other kids-does that mean I have siblings that I so longed for when I was a child? Does he have a good life? Part of me will always wonder while the other part will always be mad. How could someone turn their back on a child? So for now, I just sit and wonder...maybe someday I will take the next step.

1 comment:

  1. I know this is an subject very dear to you. I want you to know whatever way you choose to explore this or not I will support you 100 percent. I love you.

    ReplyDelete