Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Is that girl really 4?


Today when I dropped off Kendall at school, she had her spring pictures in her cubby. I could hardly believe that was my little girl. I sometimes find myself not believing that she is soon to be 5. She is so grown up already. Like for example when she is telling me I am no fun or when she doesn't like me. I can't imagine at 5 year old saying this to their mother...13...DEFINITELY, but not 5!!!! Or how about when she rolls her eyes at me? And says things like Don't even....WHAT???? Where did this teenager disguised in my sweet little girl's body come from???? It looks like we are going to need lots and lots of medication to make it through the next 15 years!!!

3 comments:

  1. I remember when my little girl was 4. She adored me, she loved spending time with her mommy, then one day she grew up and got married and everything changed. We went from being best friends to mother and daughter. Enjoy those years together because they go fast. Will my little girl ever come back to me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just hope she can find the love and happiness that I have found. Growing up and moving on to start new families is the cycle of life.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am not sur who the other anonymous is but it seems like she has some issues with letting go. I agree with Danielle that the cycle of life is what we all hope for .

    ReplyDelete