Saturday, June 13, 2009

The strings are unraveling

I let Kendall go with the neighbors. Not to play next door, not on a bike ride, but actually in their car and away from the neighborhood. WOW! This is a big step for both her and me. I gave her money and set her out on her way. I knew this day would come. I knew she would get big enough to want to go places with her friends. I guess I wasn't expecting it to happen so soon. Nonetheless, she is growing up, and I am learning to accept it. I am learning that I do not have be with her at every event or moment. It is okay if I am not there for every "new" experience. Because, to me, she needs the independence. She needs to be her own person. She needs to learn how to make good decisions without us with her.

This is all part of the experience for both of us. She is growing up, and the strings are becoming looser!

No comments:

Post a Comment